Eviction Process Evicting Ex-Boyfriend

H

HMR002

I purchased my home 3 years ago. My boyfriend moved in with me immediately upon purchasing the home, along with our now, 3 year old daughter. He has and does pay half of the bills, including the mortgage. Due to irreconcilable differences, we are unable to make the relationship work anymore. He refuses to leave. I contacted the county clerk, but she suggested I get legal advice, because their eviction notices are for landlords and are because of a lack of payment. He has threatened not to pay his half, but as of yet has not done so. I imagine my next step is setting up an appointment with my lawyer; however, I am wondering if there is anything else I can do to resolve the matter, such as a mediator? If not, what should I expect to happen with my lawyer?

I purchased my home 3 years ago. Immediately upon purchase my boyfriend moved in, along with our now, 3 year old daughter. He has always paid half of the bills, including the mortgage. Due to irreconcilable differences, the relationship isn't working anymore. I would like him to leave, but he refuses. I contacted our county clerk, but she said that the eviction notices they deal with are for landlords and due to no payment. What are my options at this point? If I contact a local lawyer, what would the process be with them? Thank you.

I purchased my home 3 years ago. My boyfriend moved in with me immediately upon purchasing the home, along with our now, 3 year old daughter. He has and does pay half of the bills, including the mortgage. Due to irreconcilable differences, we are unable to make the relationship work anymore. He refuses to leave. I contacted the county clerk, but she suggested I get legal advice, because their eviction notices are for landlords and are because of a lack of payment. He has threatened not to pay his half, but as of yet has not done so. I imagine my next step is setting up an appointment with my lawyer; however, I am wondering if there is anything else I can do to resolve the matter, such as a mediator? If not, what should I expect to happen with my lawyer?

You can ask your lawyer to evict him.

That's your legal remedy in getting him out.

Expect that process to take 8 -12 weeks to play out, depending on which county you reside.

Another option is to pay him to leave.

Ask your lawyer how that might work.

My suggestion, unless you marry someone, don't allow him or her to reside in your home.

Your predicament is but one example of what can, and will go wrong.

It also happens with divorces and marriages, but they can sometimes be easier to conclude.

Good luck.

Back