1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Evicting a live-in boyfriend in Florida

Discussion in 'Other Residential Landlord & Tenant Issues' started by Donnaemm, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Donnaemm

Donnaemm Law Topic Starter New Member

I am seeking information to evict my live-in boyfriend. I reside in Sarasota County Florida and the only info that have found states that he has any possessions within my house (which I own and he is not on my mortgage) I cannot get him out. If anyone has any advice please post. Thank you in advance.

2. jacksgal

jacksgal Super Moderator

3. Duranie

Duranie Moderator

You can also google landlord and tenant rights but you may need to serve him an eviction notice. The non legal way is to give him 2 weeks notcie to get out or you are changing the locks but if you want to do this legal, see this link it should also help you

http://rhol.com/csu/evictions/Florida/FloridaSteps.htm

4. guestpost

guestpost New Member

I live in Manatee County and I am in the same predicament. I own my house and he only paid utilities and groceries. He says he wants 6k . That is what he figures is fair because he donated his old broken furniture to Salvation army. bed brken , stains, beer spills etc. He wants compensation for him voluntarily breaking the lease. Which I told him he could wait the few months out or break it. We were happy at the time. He drinks too much and he flys off the handle