Eviction Process Evicting a family member

H

Heather12345678

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
My Mother wants my brother to move out. My brother won't leave. He's currently 27 and living in an RV in her back alleyway. How does she go about evicting him? There was no lease. My mother called the cops when my brother's girlfriend started staying in the RV too. She wants them both to leave. The cops said they couldn't make my brother or his girlfriend leave her property or do anything because my brother is a legal residence of her house.

My Mother wants my brother to move out. My brother won't leave. He's currently 27 and living in an RV in her back alleyway. How does she go about evicting him? There was no lease. My mother called the cops when my brother's girlfriend started staying in the RV too. She wants them both to leave. The cops said they couldn't make my brother or his girlfriend leave her property or do anything because my brother is a legal residence of her house.

Suggest to your mother that she legally evict both of the deadbeats.

Google or Bing: "Evictions MY COUNTY, PA"

She needs to evict him like any landlord/tenant situation.

Since it's a mother/son situation she might be able to get away with other methods, but eviction is the proper legal process.

Don't wait 30 days to file. Do it immediately. Your court date will be after 30 days has passed and you can cancel it if he moves it prior. This can save you a lot of waiting.

The court clerk can provide step by step information for what to do. There is likely an information packet at their office and on the Internet.

Back