ethics in a small town

Status
Not open for further replies.

guessin

6 months ago our city purchased some land for an expansion project that they had going on. This land happens to have a very nice 2 story log house on it. About 2 weeks ago a certain employee moved into this house unannounced to anyone . No one was told that this property would be rented . No one is even sure that the city is collecting rent. The entire matter is a BIG secret. I found out because I happened by and saw it for myself. My question is---Would the city be guilty of discrimination against minorities since a certain employee was somehow chosen to reside at this property without disclosing to the entire city employees that the house was available ? Wouldnt this be considered as extra compensation above and beyond his weekly paycheck ,especially if he is paying reduced ,or no rent at all? I dont know if this is unethical ,or not ,but it sure doesnt seem fair ,especially coming from a city that "toots it's own horn loudly" about how they are transparent and non-discriminatory!Is there a case here -violation of fair housing rules?

I suggest you ask to be listed on your next city council meeting, or send a close, trusted ally to speak.

Once approved to speak, I'd ask this very question of my elected leaders.

I'd also take proof (pictures and videos might be helpful) to the local media (radio, television, newspaper).

Then I'd sit back and enjoy the fireworks.

The 4th of July is just around the corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back