estate rights- do i have a say?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayne935

My husband was left half of a 2-family home in trust when my mother-in-law passed. The other half belongs to his sister. My husband was sole heir in his mother's will. There is now a lein on the house for $179,000. the house is selling for $545,000. His sister is claiming no legal responsibility to the lein due to the fact that the lein is for my mother-in-law, and that she was left nothing in the will. Legally speaking, after the sale of the house is split in 2, should the lein also be split in half for each, or is it my husband's sole responsibility?:confused:
I would really appreciate any help I can get in this matter:eek:

lein on house

when my mom passed there was a lein put on the house that was left to me, is there any way to have it lowered?

what rights do i have

my mother left everything for me in trust, including my home. my home is selling, and the man managing the estate says i have no legal say in what happens. is that true?

The house belongs to the trust and the trust will have to pay off the lein. Then the remanider will go into the trust to be distributed according to the trust documents. Who is the trustee?

What does the written trust say about this?

How old are you?

the trust states that everything that was hers is mine, but the executor of the estste doesn't seem to be doing the right things, and i can't get an accounting of what was in the estate to start with, and what was paid off already

the trust states that everything that was hers is mine, but the executor of the estste doesn't seem to be doing the right things, and i can't get an accounting of what was in the estate to start with, and what was paid off already

What does the executor of the estate have to do with the trustee of the trust?

Was the trust set up in the will or by a separate instrument?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back