Consumer Fraud eSports company doesn’t want to pay me my winnings and blocked my account

Status
Not open for further replies.
So to summarize: since their terms and website state they ensure fair play and then they were aware of cheating and weren't doing anything about it, I am entitled to my earnings/winnings. We both enter the TOS agreement when I started using their platform, and they broke the agreement.
So my idea now is to email (per their TOS) them an official letter from me, stating they broke the agreement, I have screenshots of everything, give me my money and I'll leave you alone.
I just need a template for the letter. I am not an attorney.
Not everything in life has a template. Not every legal matter has a form.
Either write the letter, or find an attorney to write the letter. Please be aware that you aren't entitled to compensation for what you pay the attorney for that letter (unless, of course, the ToS allows for it).

So to summarize: since their terms and website state they ensure fair play and then they were aware of cheating and weren't doing anything about it, I am entitled to my earnings/winnings. We both enter the TOS agreement when I started using their platform, and they broke the agreement.

Good luck with that.

So my idea now is to email (per their TOS) them an official letter from me, stating they broke the agreement, I have screenshots of everything, give me my money and I'll leave you alone.

Sure. Go for it.

I just need a template for the letter. I am not an attorney.

Many samples on the internet.

demand for money letter at DuckDuckGo

Is it a good idea to threaten them with reporting to Delaware court system or Federal Trade Commission to help them decide?

One does not report people to the court system. If you want to sue, then sue. If you want to report someone to the FTC, then do it. No one can predict intelligently whether threats will get you anywhere.

I live in Florida. But that shouldn't matter. They're foreign but their ToS states - do your legal claims in Delaware, USA. It says that more than once.
Again, they can say what they want, but unless you or them have some presence in Delaware or the action arises from an event that happened there, Delaware courts have no jurisdiction.

Again, they can say what they want, but unless you or them have some presence in Delaware or the action arises from an event that happened there, Delaware courts have no jurisdiction.
One does not report people to the court system. If you want to sue, then sue. If you want to report someone to the FTC, then do it. No one can predict intelligently whether threats will get you anywhere.
Thank you. Will FTC contact them in any way on my behalf or something like that? Could filing a report with FTC nudge the company to do the right thing?

I'm still unsure if it's a scam company. I think they're engaging in dishonest (slash criminal) practices when they feel like it. They have LinkdIn, FB, Apple Store reviews. Majority were good reviews, with some bad ones mixed in.

Online reviews are often bought and paid for by the scammer.

Some scammers create BOTS to write those favorable, glowing reviews.

Scammers, just like carnival barkers and hucksters of the 20th Century know what to say and do to attract the suckers, err customers.

Dude, if its on the internet, caution is advised.

snapshot_www.goodreads.com_1655833199083.png

Will FTC contact them in any way on my behalf or something like that?

No. The FTC collects complaints until there are enough to warrant an investigation on behalf of all consumers.

Could filing a report with FTC nudge the company to do the right thing?

Probably not. But if you want to file one, have at it.

With that I am closing this thread because there isn't anything else anybody here can do for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back