escrow fraud?

Status
Not open for further replies.

escrow

Hello everyone,

First, thank you for taking the time to read this. Your advice will be very much appreciated.

I am involved in escrow.com transaction buying the domain and associated hosting company. The seller did not deliver the hosting part of the business. I asked to cancel the transaction, but neither seller nor escrow.com agreed on. Then the transaction was stuck for weeks and the money is still deposited on an escrow.com account. I recently realized from the escrow.com user account, that the seller's name and contact email address has changed to another person.

I queried escrow and their reply was: 'Escrow.com will not be taking any action. An owner of an escrow account can change their name or email address in the customer profile. This does not violate any escrow.com term or regulation.'

The escrow.com Terms of Use http://www.escrow.com/resources/to_use.asp include this paragraph 19:
'Non-Transferability of the Services. You may not assign this Agreement or the Escrow Instructions to any other person or entity. Your right to use the Services shall not be sold or transferred to any other person or entity without the prior written consent of Escrow.com. We may assign this Agreement upon notice to you. Any assignment or transfer in violation of this provision shall be null and void.'

Is escrow.com behaving in compliance wit their own TOS? Does it make sense that my sale counterpart disappeared? I am afraid of possible fraudulent intentions of the seller. Thank you in advance for any comments.

Last edited:
Thank you for your comment. Would you please recommend further action to be taken? Towards escrow.com or the seller? I would be happy to return the items in exchange to my money. Your advice will be very much appreciated.

Last edited:
Thank you for your comment. Would you please recommend further action to be taken? Towards escrow.com or the seller? I would be happy to return the items in exchange to my money. Your advice will be very much appreciated.

You could offer that.

If that doesn't work, you probably need a lawyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back