Enforcement of Court Order

Status
Not open for further replies.

Italian

I was recently awarded full custody of my 3 daughters, my youngest 2 live with me full time and my oldest daughter was told by the Judge stipulated that she could live at her father's house while she is attending school Monday through Thursday, but every Friday she is to be brought to my residence. (I live about 80 miles from my ex).

The order stated that my ex could visit my younger 2 every other week, but did not state the driving time since I do not drive.

My ex refuses to bring my oldest daughter here each week, he also refuses to bring her here on the weekends that he would be picking up the younger 2 for the weekend.
He has even told my younger 2 that since I wanted custody that I need to deal with it and if they want to see him that I must bring them to him.

He was ordered to pay Child Support dating back to the first of this year.(which he hasn't paid anything in 2 years towards supporting the girls, he had previously had full custody due to filing a false statement saying that I had been served, signed by his brother in law).
He is being credited support payments until May 2006 (in paper form only) due to me being ordered to pay even though I have had my girls.

Even though he had full custody, all 3 girls lived with me for the past 2 years, even though I was being charged support each month.

How would I go about enforcing what the court order states about visitation?
Also, is there any way that I could go about having the support issue overturned? I have proof that the girls have been in my physical custody for the past 2 years.

Please help!

Your biggest problem with the support is even though you had your girls in your custody the court system does not recognize agreements made between two parties it must go through the court system so if you didn't have the courts ammend the order the sad thing is you are still liable for the support. I live in Georgia and code 19-5.1 states The court may increase or reduce the amount of current support from the date of filing of either parent´s initial filing or motion to modify child support, but arrearages or retroactive amounts entered in an order based upon imputed income shall not be forgiven. We should all be handed a handbook on the legal steps we should take to be covered before we leave a divorce or custody courtroom, I guess we'd all like to think our X's would do the right thing but it never seems to work out for me.

Court Order Enforcement

My ex and I never had any type of agreement pertaining to support, he went and stopped the support order in December 2002, when I met someone else and my daughter ran away from him and moved in with me (with his consent) he ran back down to the support division office and started the support order again. He had stopped it twice and restarted it again. Shortly after my oldest daughter came to be with me, my other 2 girls wanted to live with me and he signed papers stating that they could reside with me (but yet, he refused to cancel the support order because as he stated "I owed him" when in fact I did not. i contacted the supprt division and they did a review of my case but did not stop my payment responsibility until almost a year and a half when it was taken to a judge for review.
Is there any way that I could have the support division review this matter to have the amount past erased since I do have proof that my girls were with me, or does my ex just get a free walk in the park on this one?

Also, I called the court today to inquire about the judges ruling pertaining to the custody ruling that was made 3 weeks ago today has yet to be received by me through my attorney. The judges staff informed me that the judge has yet to receive the paperwork to be signed, that is why I have received nothing.

Since the court date, my attorney has become very flaky and has been downright rude to me. He stated that once he receives the order I would get a copy (that was 2 weeks ago). He lead me to believe that he had already submitted the papers to be signed.
If he adds anything in there to be signed by the judge that the judge did not state in the courtroom, is there a way that I would be able to approach the judge to dispute it or would I have to have my attorney do it for me? (Or should I hire another attorney and go through all this crap again!

Please help me, I am very confused on what to do next!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back