Endangering a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladystlight

I am not sure if this is the correct forum for this but I am desperate. My daughters nose and upper lip started swelling for no reason. I took her to the hospital tonight and just driving the 6 or 7 minutes there her entire face was swelling, she was dizzy and she said that inside her ears, nose and throat were itching.
I pulled up in front of the emergency room and an officer red lighted me and said I ran a stop sign. I DID NOT do that and my daughter yelled at him and said I didn't. I came to a complete stop, flagged the driver that was about to go ahead and he stopped and let me go. He then informed me that I was going to jail for a warrant for driving on a suspended that I had paid the bail on a week prior. I informed him of the severity of my daughter, he flashlighted her and said it didn't look that serious and had another officer look at her. They both informed me that I was stupid for driving to the hospital. She broke out in hives all over her body sitting in the car and felt like hurling and she was getting more dizzy. She was begging for them to let me take her inside and they took exactly 28 minutes writing tickets.
I got inside and she started fainting at the front desk. They triaged her and her blood pressure was 60 over 32. All of her symptoms are documented. I was told by the doctor that if I had gotten her in there 2 to 3 minutes later, her heart would have stopped.
All the doctors asked for the officers name and said that they are all going to have words with him or whomever comes in from the Longview Sheriffs Department. They said that it was criminal negligence on their part and they endangered the life of my child. The doctors do not have any idea what she had an allergic reaction to. She had to stay in the hospital and was eventually sent home.
I am not seeking monetary funds, I just want him to have to answer for his negligence. Sure, if there is any monetary value to this issue, I will go ahead but he needs to be taken off the force if anything and possibly pay her hospital bill. When your blood pressure reaches 50 you die. She was not far from it at all. I could have lost my daughter because this officer didn't give a crap about her at all. Please someone, I am desperate to get justice for this horrendous act against me and my child. I am not a drug user, I am a single stay at home mother and going to school to get my BA in Psych. I have never sued anyone for anything and now I feel that I truly have the right to do something about this.
I truly thank any of you for reading this and giving me some advice as how to go about this matter. I am willing to go all the way with this and I am sure that if and when it happens that I am going to be harrassed and I don't care at all. I will stand and fight for this. I am prepared and willing to take all of this on.

I would definitely contact a personal injury lawyer. You should beat the stop sign ticket because you were justified even if you did run the stop sign. Someone should make a formal complaint to the officers' supervisors and if that gets nothing, find Internal Affairs. If you have an attorney he/she should help you do all of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back