End run around dads wishes

Status
Not open for further replies.

vigilant

After Dad died , Beneficiary of trust was guilted by cotrustee into signing an agreement to deduct gifts (from her share) she had received from him during his life. He did not intend this to happen. He wanted split equally. This is an end run around his wishes. Will the surrogate allow it?

After Dad died , Beneficiary of trust was guilted by cotrustee into signing an agreement to deduct gifts (from her share) she had received from him during his life. He did not intend this to happen. He wanted split equally. This is an end run around his wishes. Will the surrogate allow it?

Did dad have a trust or a will?

If it was a will, a court oversees his bequests.

There are remedies for violations of those bequests under a will.

Hence, the reason for probate courts.

If it was a trust, many unusual things can and do occur.

There are some costs savings under a trust.

There are also many Swiss Cheese like holes that allow "goodies" to go missing.

A consultation with a GOOD lawyer allows one to choose the correct vehicle.

Or, do what I've done, give your junk away while you're alive.

If you want Luther to have grandpappy's 12 gauge, hand it to him today.

If you want Petunia to have mammy's 400 karat cubic zirconia silver-plated necklace, give it to her today.

Life is only as hard as you make it.

I was (& now did) going to say the same thing, disagreeable. :)

Betty and disagreeable, you're a little too late. You should have seen the run on mys stuff when the offspring heard dad was giving away stuff! They've been cleaning me out all my life! Yeah, Mrs. AJ is in on, too. LOL What they don't know is, I'm planning on outliving them all and inheriting it all back!!! ROTFL

We're getting off topic here but how many kids do you have?

I never married & I don't have any kids. Sometimes I wish I did but I have my beagle. :)

& I haven't had one ask for a TV, computer, car, to borrow money or anything like that yet. :)

Awww, no grandchildren for you. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back