Criminal Records, Expungement Employment background

T

Teresa labrie

Jurisdiction
South Carolina
I would like to know if a charge will show up on a background check for employment at family dollar, if I'm requested to PTI classes for case and then it will be expunged. If so do you think they will decide not to hire me? Also does it show the charge and/or the kind of charge? (Misdemeanor, felony) I would really appreciate your feedback on this concern. I made bad choice's in the past and trying to make a better life. I don't want this to still hold me back on a Great opportunity without having my classes finished first for the expungment to happen. Thank you.

I would like to know if a charge will show up on a background check for employment at family dollar, if I'm requested to PTI classes for case and then it will be expunged. If so do you think they will decide not to hire me? Also does it show the charge and/or the kind of charge? (Misdemeanor, felony) I would really appreciate your feedback on this concern. I made bad choice's in the past and trying to make a better life. I don't want this to still hold me back on a Great opportunity without having my classes finished first for the expungment to happen. Thank you.

Expungement won't erase any criminal conviction.
It offers a ray of hope for the future after engaging in negative behavior.
These days, its about a 50-50 proposition that expunction will cover the muddy paw prints that once sullied a person's life.

My advice, you'll never know if you don't try.

Some people say it didn't work, other people say it did work.
Either way, it offers people hope.

Expungement won't erase any criminal conviction.
It offers a ray of hope for the future after engaging in negative behavior.
These days, its about a 50-50 proposition that expunction will cover the muddy paw prints that once sullied a person's life.

My advice, you'll never know if you don't try.

Some people say it didn't work, other people say it did work.
Either way, it offers people hope.
Ya i agree. Thank you for your input.

We have no way of knowing if it was expunged or not. Nor can we say how the employer will view it. Generally speaking, employers look at the offense, how serious, how long ago, how related to employment and how many incidents appear. A 40 year old who has only one DUI at 18, who wants to work retail is unlikely to be disqualified. A 40 year old with several theft convictions, the most recent a year ago, is much less likely to be hired.

It's state dependent and it also depends upon who does the background investigation.

Just be truthful on any questionnaire because the truth has a way of coming out at times.

Just be sure not to lie on any employment applications. All background checks are not equal - some may show it & some may not. It depends on the job applied for & the employer what type of background check is done. An expungement (if there was one) doesn't completely remove the arrest for all purposes.

Back