Employer Wants To Withhold My Paycheck

Status
Not open for further replies.

layla73

My jurisdiction is: Louisiana

I work for a small, rural ambulance company in central Louisiana. Somehow, a lot of our patient reports (the tickets we write up on patients for billing and other purposes) have come up missing. It seems the tickets all come from the same time period - last September, after Hurricane Gustov. The employer now wants his field personnel to regenerate these missing tickets for the billing department. I have had two tickets come back to me. I happen to remember the shift and know that 1 of the 2 isn't my ticket to regenerate, but they want me to re-do it anyway. I'm being told that if I don't re-do the ticket my paycheck will be withheld. The paycheck in question is for money earned from working May 25, 2009 to June 7, 2009; the paycheck would be handed out June 12, 2009. The tickets are 9 months old, from September 18, 2008. Does my employer have the right to withhold my paycheck? I'm not 100% sure, but I do believe that the patients' insurance have already been billed, because the patients both live in nursing homes, the tickets were properly closed out, and the patients have either Medicare or Medicaid or both. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back