Employer refuses to pay last paycheck

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoosierdaddy

My jurisdiction is: Virginia

Here's the scoop:
I have direct deposit set up with my employer to get paid every Wednesday. The project that I was working on suddenly ended on a Thursday which means that I would get paid for that week the following Wednesday via direct deposit. The Monday before Wednesday, I called the company to speak with the lady who handles my payroll and she said that direct deposit was shut off from me and that my last paycheck was a live check. She also asked how many hours I worked so that she could pay me accordingly. I told her if there was a problem with the process, then she could call me. She never called but I wrote the 2 account executives an e-mail with instructions to mail the paycheck out to me when it arrives. I called Wednesday to confirm that check was indeed mailed out. One of the account execs said that she had the check and she needed to talk to me and would call me back. That never happened and I have been trying to call them ever since. Several different people would answer the phone to blow me off. I have all my attempts to resolve this matter documented with names and times.

What can I do from this point forward?
They are refusing to pay me and not telling me why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back