employer refuses to give last paycheck

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmartin

In May of this year I was working as A manager in a fast food restaurant in fla and I quit because I was moving out of state.Before I left I was contacted by the local sherrifs office and I was told that I needed to come in because my employer had reported that someone had stolen some deposits.So I went to the sherrifs office and they questioned me about the missing money.I told the officers that I had no idea who could have taken the money.I only worked the night shift and the money had went missing on the morning shift.So they went to the bank to get the surveliance tapes and they saw that I never made any deposits.The morning managers were the only ones that went to the bank and made deposits,got change and did any other banking needs.So they took my statement and let me go.They also told me that they were pretty sure that the opening manager had taken the money because on several differant days nobody was seen going to the bank.When I called and asked about coming to pick up my last check the lady over the store and also the lady over the business both told me I couldnt have my check.Now I find out the head lady has been fired so I need to know what I can do to get my last paycheck?

Florida has very weak labor laws and no state DOL. Your best bet is small claims court.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back