Employee Agreement

Status
Not open for further replies.

DewardJStrong

For the past eight months, I have been a trainer who works one-on-one with students over a set amount of time. I signed an agreement with my company that says if I stop "training without reason..., must repay all dollars paid for training that student plus fees for any payments or expenses incurred to transition that student to a new trainer."
I resigned from that position two weeks ago because I needed a job that paid me enough money to live on. My company has withheld my paycheck that was due me on Aug 10, and they want me to pay them for eighteen hours I have already worked.
I realize I signed an agreement, but is such a stipulation that I pay back money I have already earned even legal?
djs

No, they cannot legally require you to pay back money for work you have already done.

But given that you signed an agreement, I suggest that you have it reviewed by an attorney. Not because I think the agreement may be binding, but because your employer sounds as if nothing but a letter from an attorney will get them to let go of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back