Emancipation!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericajolene

i am 17 and this is my second attempt but i want to know if i can get unadopted or have my custody returned to my birth mother with out going through a lawyer? :rolleyes: My adoptive mother is verbaly insulting. She not only insults my birth mother but the my whole birth family. She isn't the type of women you can just get along with she has pulled a gun on my birth mother which makes me feel insecure about even wanting to try to make things work. right now i live with my adoptive father and i do not see my adoptive mother beacuse i started see my real mother on mother's day of this year and things got worse between me and my adoptive mother. My adoptive father has clearly stated that he doesn't want me and that he doesn't want to pay for a lawyer. He has droped me at my birth mother's friend's house (where she was sending the night). and took off. that friday he went to get papers to sign custody back but was told he would need a lawyer. so would an emancipation be right for me. i will turn 17 in less then a month.
~erica~

It's unlikely even WITH a lawyer that you could get "unadopted", but it would be IMPOSSIBLE without it. Nor can you get custody changed without a lawyer.

As for emancipation, do you understand what that entails? You have to have your parent's consent, as well as being able to COMPLETELY support yourself; rent, food, medical care, insurance, transportation, EVERYTHING, without ANY help.

When you are 18 (not 17) you can live where you like and with whom you like, without asking anyone's permission. You can walk out the door and never come back if you want to. But until then, you are under the care and control of whoever has legal custody of you, and they will need to go through the courts (which means getting a lawyer) to have that changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back