Emancipation

Status
Not open for further replies.

da916

I am currently trying to help someone who is 17 years of age and pregnant get emancipated. The household she is currently living in is not suitable for someone that is pregnant. Her mother is currently receiving social security for her so could she use that as her means of money? Would she be able to move in an apartment with the father of the baby? I know a little about emancipation but i would like any advice that is given.

Pregnancy does not emancipate someone. You need to google the emancipation laws of your state but if the child moves out and she is not 18 she will probably be considered a runaway. Mom is not obligatedto give her any SS checks she is receiving. Where is the other parent here?

The father of the girl has passed away, but the father of the baby is living in the same area she does. They are both wanting to move in together but want to do it the right way. Her mother will not grant her emacipation though, so what should she do?

She can wait until she is 18.

While pregnancy confers MEDICAL emancipation, meaning that she (with the help of her doctor) can make the final decision as to her health care and that of her baby, it not only does NOT confer LEGAL emancipation, it makes it much more certain that she will not be among the approximately one tenth of one percent of minors who actually achieve emancipation,

According to the figures I have, far less than one percent of minors who apply for emancipation are granted it. The chance that a pregnant minor will be among the very few successful ones are between slim and none.

I am currently trying to help someone who is 17 years of age and pregnant get emancipated. The household she is currently living in is not suitable for someone that is pregnant. Her mother is currently receiving social security for her so could she use that as her means of money? Would she be able to move in an apartment with the father of the baby? I know a little about emancipation but i would like any advice that is given.

i suggest you leave this alone, before you get charged with interfering with custody. unless her mother agrees, she will not be moving in with her bf or anyone else.she stays where she is untill shes 18. period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back