Emails

Sarah2025

Jurisdiction
Tennessee
Earlier this year I was currently dating my now ex-fiance. After finding all the women (roughly 15) he was cheating on me with via his email and phone, I ended the relationship. He had cheated on me before we were engaged, and following that incident, promised to never do it again, even giving me his password to his email and phone. He told me that by giving me those passwords there was no way he could cheat then. Being naive, in love, and hoping he had really changed, I ended up going back to him. After a couple months of being engaged, I started getting suspicious when some odd searches popped up on his phone (e.g. for booking hotels, etc.). Sure enough, after checking his phone and email one night, I found out about all the other females and affairs. I immediately broke up with him and gave him back his ring. Extremely upset about it all, I posted on a cheating website about what he had done. He is a physician, and I mentioned a patient he had cheated on me with (didn't mention any females' names--most of them had no idea he was engaged--I actually felt sorry for them). Being upset and angry following the break-up, he told me he could sue me for reading his emails as he had used that particular email for work-related issues as well. It has been awhile since the breakup, and looking back, I wish I wouldn't have made the post on the website because I know how that may negatively affect his job (since one woman was a patient he had seen) and any future relationships he pursues (the website will not remove the post). I know it has affected him as he has sent countless handwritten letters/apologies (about 20 pages total) in which he discussed how other women will not talk to him after they google his name and read my post. Also, mailing these letters is his only way to contact me as I had to block him on social media sites, email, and phone after continuing to contact me after telling him to please stop (..and that if he continued it would be considered stalking and harassment..yet I still get his letters in the mail). Although I don't think he will now, could he sue me for looking at his email and for the post I made on the website?

could he sue me for looking at his email and for the post I made on the website?

Sure, anybody can sue anybody for anything. But since you posted truth online it's unlikely that he would ever win but if he did sue it would cost you quite a bit of money to defend yourself.

However, if he hasn't sued by now, he probably isn't going to.

I suggest you ignore, keep blocking his calls and emails, return any mail from him unopened, get him out of your mind, and get on with your life.

People threaten to sue all the time and few follow through. If he gave you access to read his work emails then you didn't do anything illegal. If you told the truth on the web-site then he has no basis for a lawsuit. If the truth is protecting other women from getting involved with his cheating self-hooray.

Back