Email Workplace Harassment

Status
Not open for further replies.

bella005

Please help if you can!!

I have recently been getting harassed by an ex employee of our company at my work email address. The emails not only come into my email box but fellow management as well as my associates with defamitary informaiton.

I called local law authorities and they state until an actual threat is made all I can really do is ignore it. The FBI says the same. Even our HR department has stated other than trying to block the emails that come in it's futile as this individual keeps making up new email addresses with my name on them to harass me and my co-workers. The individual is now sending out emails to people in my department and signing them from me.

Do I have any recourse?

Thank you!!

Eh I wish it was that easy. The company I work for is international so blocking an email address means sending a request to another country and by that time this person has already invented a new user name email account but we're trying.

Since all the appropriate agencies from HR to the FBI have told you the same thing, what is it that you think we can tell you that they can't? If there were something more you could do, don't you think at least the FBI would have told you?

Just curious.

I'm not sure really. I've found in the past the law is a funny thing and sometimes not even the local police and officials know a lot about the law specific to the state and jurisdiction. I think my main concern is this individual has an assault record and in leiu of somehow ticking off the wrong person I'm a little concerned with all of the emails we receive here (about 5 a day or more) that this person has too much time on their hands. I'm not sure they would try anything but I'm not sure they wouldn't either. Creating fake websites and scores of fake email addresses doesn't really add to their mental credibility and shows they have a bit of a vendetta on their mind.

Have your company issue you a new email address and deactivate the one he is using to harrass you. Simple and effective. Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back