Email Harrassment or Not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kero

Someone is been sending slanderous emails to my girlfriend about me. In the process, they called my girlfriend dumbass and tramp, which I dont appreciate. They pretend to be my girlfriend and say that I am cheating on them with two other girls. I dont even know who is sending the emails. To make it worse, they put such specifics in the emails they send that they can only get from hacking into my aim conversations. I am sure of that, but I cant prove it physically. Is that harrassment and can i do anything about it? Thank You.

getting the law involved for this seems pretty silly. Find the person, since they obviously know you/your girlfriend, and talk it out with them.

and get her to block the email address they are sending from.

I personally blocked their email address from my girlfriend's email. The next day, I find it unblocked and they send another email. I understand how silly it sounds, but for me it is more of a privacy issue. The things they say in the emails are so specific that it makes me wonder if they hacked into my computer and read my aim messages. For example, I made a new AIM screen name just to talk to my girlfriend. NO one knew about it. An hour after I did so, they send my girlfrind an email telling her that I just did that!!! How did they know? As I said before, it is more of a privacy issue than anything else. Plus, it is really annoying. I feel like someone is watching me!!! Thanks.

This sounds like a virus issue. Get a good anti-virus program and look for a trojan horse virus or similar malware that lets them hack your computer. Seems to me this is more important than your legal issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back