email hacked, pics stolen and posted on websites

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAITEASE

Hi, Recently *(yesterday) my email was hacked and many of my online accounts were closed. The girl who did it (i know who it was but dont know her personally - only thru a contest)) stole pics of me in my panties and posted them all over youtube and myspace under a fake account and is pretending to be me promoting this page.........

She's been death threatening me via myspace, youtube, aol for the past 2 months and finally hacked me because she thouhg that i hacked her FIRST; which i didnt.

Ive reported it to the police but they only started a report for harassament because i have all the proof it was her. They said i would have to talk to a detective...

What kind of charges can this girl get? i want her arrested and children taken away. (she is breaking the laws ofSLANDER, INVASION OF PRIVACY, HARRASMENT, STALKING...ETC)

Do you have proof she "hacked" your accounts?

If you do not know who she is, this will make it hard for law enforcement to do much. And unless there is some serious damage done, it is doubtful the police and the DA are going to spend a great deal of effort trying to track down a ghost for what may well be a misdemeanor.

Most local law enforcement agencies do not have the resources (manpower and expertise) to waste time on this kind of case.

Check this government link out:

http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

In the meantime, contact all the outfits whose accounts have been compromised and get their assistance in transferring and securing your accounts, and seeing if they can help identify the IP address(es) of the person logging in. Chances are they will not give that info to you, but they might.

- Carl

Good post cdwjava. I'd also suggest sending a DMCA "takedown" notice to youtube and myspace:

- A statement you are the owner and have the right to act;
- sufficient identification of the allegedly infringing material;
- sufficient information as to the location of the allegedly infringing material so that it may be found and identified;
- the complainant's name, address, telephone number and, if possible, email address;
- a written statement by the complainant of a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and
- a statement by the complainant, under the penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complainant is the owner or is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that is allegedly infringed.

Best of luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back