EEO case - Right to Know Charges?

Status
Not open for further replies.

magusat999

So I have HWE charges in the investigation stage and have had an interview with my City's Equal Opportunity Office investigator. The investigator made some comments during the interview that made me suspect of her ability to be non-biased. She also has some history of 'skewed" investigations, one of which she investigated one of my co-workers and only questioned people who would speak against him - and based her decision on a statement from someone who had no knoledge of the incident whatsoever.

I asked the office if I have to be stuck with this investigator and told them I don't trust that she could remain un-biased. A Safety Administrator was supposed to call me back about it, but instead SHE calls. She wouldn't admit it, but I can tell someone talked to her. We talked about my concerns and she explained her comments as "just trying to get a reaction". I then went on to get her to tell me the specific charges, because she was very vague in the interview. I came away feeling like she was trying to get me to say something she could add to the charges, rather then trying to assess the validity of the charges filed in the first place. I plainly told her that I want to address the charges, not help her figure out more ways to pile charges on me. She explained some more, but I still feel some ambiguity. Feels like a fishing expedition, and they are trying to put me on the hook.

Do I have a right to know EXACTLY whst the charges are? What if they won't tell me what the charges are with clarity? She told me that her office cannot be touched (there is a legal term for that, but I can't remember - like immunity) so as to say there's nothing I can do if I feel I am being violated by their process. I don't think that's at all true, but what can you tell me about that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back