EBT

Yeah. I took my ex back home after he got out of jail. He left his card here. Said I could use it since he hasn't been helping. I tried but it said not approved. I checked balance...there was over $100 Fri. Less than 50 by yesterday and i didnt use it. Listened to the transactions. Fri, Sat, Mon, Tues. He said he only used $50. I said how you don't have your card. You can't use it without card right? He said idk. I said forget it I'm not touching it you use the rest. He is good at remembering numbers. He was in his podunk hometown. But idk why they'd let him just use the number. There's only one grocery store but I'm not bothering with it.

I looked up the FAQ too that's why I was confused.

He is good at remembering numbers. He was in his podunk hometown. But idk why they'd let him just use the number. There's only one grocery store

That could certainly explain how it COULD happen even though it shouldn't.

The store clerk or owner is well acquainted with him and had the ability to manually enter the number and the PIN and there you have it.

No fraud occurred since there was a balance available.

And you are wise not to use the card because it's not your card. Using somebody else's card is what can really get you in trouble.

Yeah. I took my ex back home after he got out of jail. He left his card here. Said I could use it since he hasn't been helping. I tried but it said not approved. I checked balance...there was over $100 Fri. Less than 50 by yesterday and i didnt use it. Listened to the transactions. Fri, Sat, Mon, Tues. He said he only used $50. I said how you don't have your card. You can't use it without card right? He said idk. I said forget it I'm not touching it you use the rest. He is good at remembering numbers. He was in his podunk hometown. But idk why they'd let him just use the number. There's only one grocery store but I'm not bothering with it.

I looked up the FAQ too that's why I was confused.

Never, ever use an EBT card that has not been issued to YOU.
Even an attempt to do so could land you in the hot water, much less actually using the EBT card.
Thank goodness you were unable to use that card.
In fact, what has transpired between you two, he could have been trying to trick you into doing something very detrimental to your legal well being.

He's been using it. That's what I thought not to but idk. I just find it odd they let him just tell the number. That has to be what he's doing. He's good at remembering numbers (which was why I always had to change my PIN when we were together). Idk why a store would risk it especially in his hometown. The same town where he is charged with robbing the gas station there. I guess.

He's been using it. That's what I thought not to but idk. I just find it odd they let him just tell the number. That has to be what he's doing. He's good at remembering numbers (which was why I always had to change my PIN when we were together). Idk why a store would risk it especially in his hometown. The same town where he is charged with robbing the gas station there. I guess.

He might have a duplicate card.
Only he knows what he's able to do.
In fact, the less you know about his activities, the better for you.
Its always a pleasure to honestly answer, "I have no idea."
He could have reported the one he gave you stolen.
Yes, I've seen that done a few times, especially between people formerly involved.
A very wicked, dirty trap.
I always look gift horses in their mouths.
I rarely accept any gift.
You, of course, must determine what works best for you.

No he doesn't have another card. If he would get a new card, it would have a different card number. I've seen him get a new card. I think they just hooked him up because he's from there. I suppose...he's homeless and wandering again so whatever I suppose.

A store can enter the card number maunually. It's like a credit card sometimes the strip doesn't swipe. So the store enters the number...

A store can enter the card number maunually. It's like a credit card sometimes the strip doesn't swipe. So the store enters the number...
But they still have to have the card. That's in the FAQ - one of the questions says "What if I lose or don't have my EBT Card" and it states "You cannot use your benefits without your card."

If I was a clerk and someone just had a card number and no card I would not let them use it. How do I know it's their benefits? Their card number? If they have a card and it won't swipe then yeah. Type in the number. But he didn't have the card on him. He just gave them the card number.

I guess whatever. He scams everyone else. Not sure how he manages to get benefits when people who need them can't.

But they still have to have the card. That's in the FAQ - one of the questions says "What if I lose or don't have my EBT Card" and it states "You cannot use your benefits without your card."

If I was a clerk and someone just had a card number and no card I would not let them use it. How do I know it's their benefits? Their card number? If they have a card and it won't swipe then yeah. Type in the number. But he didn't have the card on him. He just gave them the card number.

I guess whatever. He scams everyone else. Not sure how he manages to get benefits when people who need them can't.

I've prosecuted and defended people, who exchanged $10.00 in value off the card for a cash payout of $6.00, $20.00 in value for a six pack of beer, and as much as $50.00 for a fifth of $10.00 a bottle rock gut whiskey.

Yes, both parties knew what should be done, but one person (the merchant was driven by greed), the other party the cardholder driven by need.

Laws mean nothing to many people, as evidenced by a booming prison population, or a crowded traffic court or criminal court room for docket call.

I've prosecuted and defended people, who exchanged $10.00 in value off the card for a cash payout of $6.00, $20.00 in value for a six pack of beer, and as much as $50.00 for a fifth of $10.00 a bottle rock gut whiskey.

Yes, both parties knew what should be done, but one person (the merchant was driven by greed), the other party the cardholder driven by need.

Laws mean nothing to many people, as evidenced by a booming prison population, or a crowded traffic court or criminal court room for docket call.

I know but considering everyone in that town knows his past and knows he is on trial for robbery I would think they wouldn't risk anything with him. But whatever. I just put the card in a drawer and if he ever bothers to come see our daughter or be here when she has her next surgery then he can have it back. I doubt he'll try to get a new one since he has no address and already lost the card that had his last paycheck and it either went to his sister's or his mom's address and no one told him about it if it showed up.

I just was curious about how he may have managed it. That was it. I'm sure he's used it all up by now and he'll get more benefits later. Then continue to bitch about woe is me and how do I start over when I have no home...wah wah.

Back