Consumer Law, Warranties Ebay seller with abandoned property

Status
Not open for further replies.

tumbling

I am an eBay seller and have been since 1996. Back in 2002 I was a Trading Assistant on eBay who advertised for consignments. I reside in California. I no longer offer this service.

I was contacted by a person in June 2002 who mailed me several boxes of items she wanted sold on eBay from Alabama. We had a contract both written and verbal for my $ amount and terms. This went along just fine until September 2003 when this client wanted to settle the account and wanted me to mail the remaining inventory back to her. I emailed back for her address but the email came back as unknown address.

Here is the problem:
I do not have an address for this person or an email address for her other than what I had back in 2002 which is no longer valid. After her request in September 2003 I didn't hear from her again until September 2005. This email said nothing about her items. She did insert in this email she is living in Mississippi but didn't volunteer a mailing address. I emailed back a few days or so later however my email to her was returned as unknown address. This was not uncommon. She changed email addresses frequently in 2002 and 2003.

My question is:
I have a couple boxes of her items, costume jewelry mainly, she left here. Is this considered abandoned personal property and am I entitled to sell these items without her consent? I did not offer to store them for her and it has been nearly 3 years.

I appreciate your advice.

:confused: Thanks kindly,
Nan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back