ebay do they have the right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TammySFry

ebay suspended my account and they won't tell me why. All they will say is that for me to reinstate my account they have to have a copy of my drivers licence and a credit card statement. Wow that is a lot of personal info .....is this legal? Hell they could do a little idenity thief all of thier own with this much info. IS this legal especailly when they WON"T tell me why?

Sounds like fraud to me. Do not send them anything. This sounds like a phishing scam. You should chat with a live ebay rep and confirm that they did not send you this request.

It is from ebay. That's what I thought at first too...a scam. But I guess they feel they have the right to the info they tell you not to give to everyone else. Which is exactly why I feel it is wrong for them to be asking for it AND closing my account without giving me a reason!

I know it is generated from ebay because it is on my messages on my ebay page as well as emailed to me personally. I have no bad feedback. I just opened this account. I have written a different department and told them that I think some ebay employees may be envolved in a phishing scam. Why else ask for all this personal info but not tell me why my account has been suspended?

What were you selling?

It is common practice for EBay to ask for a driver's license and utility bill in a request for reinstatement. This is to ensure that suspended users don't open accounts with ficititious names.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back