EBAY Buyer problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

firejoe

I posted a car for sale on EBAY and had a winning bidder. However, the bidder/buyer will not return my emails or phone calls. Does anyone know if a bid on EBAY constitutes a contract or other legal committment to purchase?
EBAY will just send him a message if he fails to complete the purchase.

ebayer refuses to pay

I have the same problem. I put two items for sale on ebay. Both items sold and now both people are refusing to pay. I did notice they had bidded on the same item from someone elseand won that one to. If I were to relist the items I will get about $300 less on one and $800 less on the other. I want to know if I can take them to court because it does say before you confirm bid that this is a legal binding contract.

Yes, by making a purchase on ebay you enter into a legally binding contract to complete the purchase/sale. It is however, up to you the buyer/seller to bring suit against your deadbeat. I am not sure, but I would thing small claims court would be for most cases under a certain $$$ amount.
I did have to bring such a suit to court, small claims, in the state I reside. I won, but then collecting your funds is another long journey through collection agencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back