Ebay buyer PLEASE READ very upset

Status
Not open for further replies.

nholland711

I bought this item from a seller. I got a second chance offer from ebay. I paid for it through paypal like 10 hours later or so. Right after I paid for it the seller said I paid the wrong amount. He apparently listed in the auction that the shipping is 55 cents per item and not for the lot. I thought it was for the lot and I got an ebay invoice for that so i payed it. This guy has emailed me over 20 times and tried to charge my paypal account over 10x the last one for $22 or $24 on a $1.60 item. He called my house over 5x. I tried to do paypal resolution. I called ebay, paypal, the phone company and the cops. I just want to be left alone. He said before he is going to take me to small claims court over this. I am a single mom and I can't afford any of this nonsense. I have cried over this a few times and i just want to be left alone. Any help would be great. Here is the ebay lot: Item Id: 180472602333 and ebay username fancyfeasterbuny

I live in PA the guy is in NY

You don't have much to worry about here. Paypal might reverse the transaction for you, but if not, at least you aren't out much money.

If you feel harassed then don't answer the phone (assuming you have caller ID). Don't read his emails if they upset you... set your filter so that they never get to your inbox.

That said, the info on the ebay page clearly says that shipping is on a per item basis. I think we are only talking about a few dollars here, so no need for either of you to make a huge deal out of it. You can either pay the few dollars or get the refund from Paypal.

I don't see why he is trying to bill you for over $20 though... that may be fraudulent. By my math, the nine items with shipping total $6.

You aren't going to end up in court though- you can ignore that. He isn't going to come all the way to your state to file small claims over $6.

I also see that the item has Ebay buyer protection... between that and Paypal you shouldn't have much trouble getting your money back.
If you paid the amount on the invoice then there isn't much for the seller to complain about.

Hi, I did pay the amount on the invoice. I told him if he wanted to charge me more to just forget about it. I don't care if I am out $1.60. He said the overcharges were for "fees and damages". I was afraid this guy was going to show up at my door he sounds off his rocker.

Ya... ignore him. Watch you raccoun tthough. If he manages to make a transaction for some crazy amount then there will be a criminal offense.
He will go away if you stop responding to him.

Agreed. Unless the guy is absolutely a maniac, most will realize quickly that wasting weeks of their life over $2 is counterproductive. PayPal will be the first step - since it appears you may likely win, his suit in small claims court, as unlikely as it seems, appears even more unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back