Early Lease Termination

Thank you!
As suggested earlier, hire yourselves a lawyer.

Free information gleaned off of the internet will be of little value in assisting you with the protections you seek.

You might also discuss a chapter 7 bankruptcy, as that is the only sure fire way to protect your assets.

Army Judge and All.. I wanted to give an update. I have filled out the necessary paperwork with my attorney for the Business and Personal liability. If you can recall, the opposing side wanted a copy of the tape I had from the original Landlord. However, if the scope of what they wanted, it would not benefit me at all. Since I did not respond to their demands, I was sent a memo that they will be at the bankruptcy hearing next week to complicate things in an essence. Just wanted to update you guys and than you for Guidance

Army Judge and All.. I wanted to give an update. I have filled out the necessary paperwork with my attorney for the Business and Personal liability. If you can recall, the opposing side wanted a copy of the tape I had from the original Landlord. However, if the scope of what they wanted, it would not benefit me at all. Since I did not respond to their demands, I was sent a memo that they will be at the bankruptcy hearing next week to complicate things in an essence. Just wanted to update you guys and than you for Guidance

I suspect there's little the property owner can do but request the stay be lifted so that eviction proceedings can be initiated.

I wouldn't fret over that nonsense, as some landlords are simply angry that a federal judge and your BK reduces any rights the LL may have once had to nothing.

Make sure you're out of the property, don't stress over perfectly cleaning it, just get out and have the keys ready to hand over to the LL's attorney.

I don't remember if you hired an attorney, if you have one, discuss this with her.

I suspect there's little the property owner can do but request the stay be lifted so that eviction proceedings can be initiated.

I wouldn't fret over that nonsense, as some landlords are simply angry that a federal judge and your BK reduces any rights the LL may have once had to nothing.

Make sure you're out of the property, don't stress over perfectly cleaning it, just get out and have the keys ready to hand over to the LL's attorney.

I don't remember if you hired an attorney, if you have one, discuss this with her.

Thanks.. I have been out of the property for 7 months and they still haven't found anyone to lease the property.

I will talk to her about it. The LL attorney really wants my information to go after the previous LL. Had the previous LL told them we would be leaving then the new LL would have bought the building at a cheaper price.

Back