H Visa EAD multiple full time jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvsubbu

Hi,

I have I485 pending for more than 180 days. I am still working for my H1B sponsoring company.

Here are my details.

1. Have EAD and AP
2. H1B recentlt extended till 2011
3. Still on H1B even I got EAD

I have been working for my emloyer from my home office since 2004. Because of domain skills, they hardly get anyone from US or CANADA ( they contract with EUROPEANs) . Hence I have two job offers from different employers which are full time and same job offers.

Since all are full time and work from home office ( with little travel ) jobs, I would like to accept other 2 jobs without leaving my current employer.

COuld you please please please give me some directions how to take up other two jobs too?. I can handle multiple jobs.

So my question, can I work on multiple full time jobs within my same area/job skills/position/tiltle without leaving my GC sponserer without informing any of employers?

Appreciate help..

kind regards,

You can't.

Your visa is valid ONLY for the company sponsoring it. You cannot work for any other employer.

Thank you cbg for your reply. What if I start using EAD card for all jobs?. Does it also violate my immigration status?

My understanding is that if you use the EAD card you forfeit your H1 visa. You really need to be discussing this with an immigration attorney.

You are NOT guaranteed the right to work at multiple US employers.

Thank you cbg for your quick and helpful reply.
Yes, I am planning to use EAD for current and concurrent jobs which will invalidate my H1B status. I will try to contact and discuss with the immigration attorney.

You can't.................. Your AOS has not yet been approved. So stick to you employer or get the order one to takeover and file for you.

What did ur attorney tell u

Hey Subbu,

I'm in the same boat as u. I have an EAD, but currently still using H1 which is valid until 2011. I'm a consultant working for company A. My client is company B. I've found another client, company C. company B is asking me to join them as a Full time employee and company C needs me to work from home as a consultant (company C is just a big vendor, but the actual work will be done for company D). Both B and C require me to put in 8 hours of work a day. I've been doing the same kinda work for over 7 yrs now and I'm confident that I can handle it. So, here's what I plan to do:

Sign up form I9 with company A (which is my current company) so that I can consult for company C (new client who needs me to work from home).

So basically, I'd be working for my current company and my new client as well on EAD (thus forfeiting H1B). How does that sound? Is this legal b4 getting GC or are there any risks involved?

I understand that u were in the same situation? Have u resolved it yet? Did u speak to an attorney? What advise did u get? Pls lemme know...it'd be very helpful.

Thanks,
Onemin

Last edited:
Thanks for your post. I would like to know what did you end up doing in this situation. I might be facing similar situation. Please let me know. If you don't mind, I will be interested in knowing what that specific skill set is? looking for your response.

Don't know if you noticed that the original thread is from four years ago. It's possible that the OP may come back to respond, but I wouldn't be holding my breath waiting for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back