e-mail blackmail

Status
Not open for further replies.

maylyn

Please help. My wife and I wrote hundreds of personal and intimate e-mails to each other in the beginning of our relationship. We printed them and kept them and saved them. We were living at her aunt's house and had a falling out with her. Upon our leaving her aunt went through all of our personal belongings that we were unable to initially move. Despite our emails being in a sealed envelope clearly marked "private," she read all the emails. Out of spite she is now threatening to tell our family, friends and employers about the content of the emails. Is there anything we can do to prevent this? The outcome would be devastating to us.

Please help. My wife and I wrote hundreds of personal and intimate e-mails to each other in the beginning of our relationship. We printed them and kept them and saved them. We were living at her aunt's house and had a falling out with her. Upon our leaving her aunt went through all of our personal belongings that we were unable to initially move. Despite our emails being in a sealed envelope clearly marked "private," she read all the emails. Out of spite she is now threatening to tell our family, friends and employers about the content of the emails. Is there anything we can do to prevent this? The outcome would be devastating to us.

No, the law is unconcerned with your naughty emails.

I suggest if she "outs" you, you simply say NOTHING or pull a Bill Clinton: "DENY, DENY, DENY".

If she makes demands of you for some kind of compensation to keep quiet you might get somewhere, but if she simply lets your secrets out to be mean you can't do much about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back