Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI Dwi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roberso

My jurisdiction is: Kings County

Please advise, I have a DWI and is scheduled to appear in Brooklyn Criminal Court tomorrow. At the time of my arrest. The Judge told me to get a layer and a alcoholic assessment.

Little to say I do not have a lawyer (cannot afford one) and was unable to pay for an assessment.
What can I do? I want to get a new date.

My jurisdiction is: Kings County

Please advise, I have a DWI and is scheduled to appear in Brooklyn Criminal Court tomorrow. At the time of my arrest. The Judge told me to get a layer and a alcoholic assessment.

Little to say I do not have a lawyer (cannot afford one) and was unable to pay for an assessment.
What can I do? I want to get a new date.

if it is a criminal matter , it is your constitution right to have states pointed one if u dont have one.

I understand that but, what do I say when I get to court... will they arrest me?

you will have to tell the judge when u go to court and request a public defense because you cant afford a private lawyer. however the court might asked you to pay court fee and attorney fees. so it is better if you could hire a private because public defense work for the states.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back