Dui

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDV20

All right, first of all I'm from Canada. Last night I was coming home from a poker game and I had a few beer while I was playing. I couldn't have been any more than 1km away from my house when the police pulled me over for a bad blinker. Shortly after that they gave me the breath meter in their car and determined that I needed to blow the real meter at the station, I talked to a lawyer on the phone prior to this and they told me that I might as well cooperate be if I didn't that was just as bad as being proven guilty. So we went to the station. There I blew the real one and it the result was 90, as you know a pass is 80. They told me had I blew any higher (100) of a score it would have been a criminal offense but in my case it wasn't. My license was taken from me for 24 hours, along with my keys. Now I'm worried about my license suspension. I need a car desperate for communing to work and that might not be possible. I realize that I had slightly too much to drink and generally I never get in the car after even one beer. Anyway, with these cases how long do people usually lose their license? Am I looking at a three month suspension or is there any chance that once this 24 hour suspension lifts I will be given a second chance seeing how this is my first offence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back