Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI DUI, used falsed idenification

Status
Not open for further replies.

needhelp04

I was speeding and got a DUI. I'm already on a diversion for a first offense DUI, and was really scared because I was driving on a restricted license. My sister was with me and so she let me use her license and say that I was her so she would be charged with a first dui. We both weren't thinking straight at the moment and didn't think about the consequences this could lead. The next day we were both really scared and didn't know what to do and have no money right now for a lawyer, trying to save money for one. So we just decided to just go along with it since we were both too scared to say anything. We went to the first date without a lawyer and asked for the case to be continued. We look at the paper and it said that my sister ( the id I was using) is being charged for a second offense dui. I feel like this whole thing has gotten out of control and have no idea what to do or is going to happen. I'm trying very hard to get money for a lawyer right now and in the mean time don't know what to do other then to worry. What should I do? Tell someone? What is going to happen to me and my sister?

I was speeding and got a DUI. I'm already on a diversion for a first offense DUI, and was really scared because I was driving on a restricted license. My sister was with me and so she let me use her license and say that I was her so she would be charged with a first dui. We both weren't thinking straight at the moment and didn't think about the consequences this could lead. The next day we were both really scared and didn't know what to do and have no money right now for a lawyer, trying to save money for one. So we just decided to just go along with it since we were both too scared to say anything. We went to the first date without a lawyer and asked for the case to be continued. We look at the paper and it said that my sister ( the id I was using) is being charged for a second offense dui. I feel like this whole thing has gotten out of control and have no idea what to do or is going to happen. I'm trying very hard to get money for a lawyer right now and in the mean time don't know what to do other then to worry. What should I do? Tell someone? What is going to happen to me and my sister?

Has she ever been charges with a dui before???? If you do not have money for a lawyer you need to ask the court to appoint you one ASAP. If she had already been charged with a dui before, and you deff. have been charged before then how did the fingerprints not send a big red flag:confused::confused::confused:

I have been charged with a dui before, my sister ( the id I used) was not charged before. But they took my fingerprints thinking that it was her and so I don't know why it didn't red up a red flag since mine is already on the system from before. That's why I think when we went to court that the papers showed that my sister (id I used) was being charged with a second, thinking that it's me? I'm so confused and don't know what to do and who to talk to and what to say. I heard court appointed lawyers weren't good and to hire a lawyer which I can't afford right now.

I have been charged with a dui before, my sister ( the id I used) was not charged before. But they took my fingerprints thinking that it was her and so I don't know why it didn't red up a red flag since mine is already on the system from before. That's why I think when we went to court that the papers showed that my sister (id I used) was being charged with a second, thinking that it's me? I'm so confused and don't know what to do and who to talk to and what to say. I heard court appointed lawyers weren't good and to hire a lawyer which I can't afford right now.

Even if you did get away with it, im sure your sister or you do not want her to go down for this. If you cant afford a attorney then a court appointed is a WHOLE lot better then nothing. Just dont go and tell them on your own because then your attorney will have nothing to try and work the DA with. Get a attorney tell him/her what happened and let him/her work it from there. obstruction of official duty is classified as a felony under K.S.A. 21-3808(b)(1) or a misdemeanor under K.S.A. 21-3808(b)(2) Make sure you get a lawyer ASAP! hopefully your sister will not get in trouble here. I wish you the best of luck and remember that this is just a little hicup in life and it will come and go. Be strong and GET AN ATTORNEY, court appointed or whatever. Just get one.

Last edited:
The sooner you come clean with this the better off you both will be.
You have committed an additional felony by using your sister's identity. Your sister can be charged as a conspirator, also a felony, for having allowed it.
The fingerprints will catch up to you, and you both will get nailed. If you come clean then you might find some sympathy, but if you wait for them to find out then it will look like you were still trying to get away with it.
You both have big problems either way, but maybe best off if you come clean about your identities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back