Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI DUI statue of limitations to file case against me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casperangel0603

It has been six months since I was pulled over and given a DUI. I have not recieved anything from the District Attorneys office with a court date for me yet. I'm wondering the estimated amount of time this usually takes. It happened in Lassen County, which is a small town. So I would have thought I would have recieved a court date by now. I have called the DA's office and they clerk told me that my case is still pending. Can someone tell me if my case will be picked up before the statue of limitations is up to convict me or if it is normal to take this long or if maybe my charges slipped through the cracks and maybe I'll get off on this charge. Also my BAC level was exactly .08% thank you!!

I suggest you wait and be patient. You just might get a pass. In fact, you might already have been issued one. Six months is a long time, and in some jurisdictions,these charges would have dropped.

If you're still worried, speak with a local criminal defense attorney. The initial consultation is usually free of charge.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

I agree... stop contacting the DA. The last thing you want is to point out something they missed.
Instead contact the sheriff department and check to see if a warrant has been issued in your name. It is possible that what you have not received was sent to another address. If you do not have a warrant then just lay low. After one year check your DMV record to make sure there is nothing related to the arrest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back