Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI DUI - Restricted vs. Revoked License

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaleR

Hello everyone and thanks to all who will respond.

I am 38 years old and have never even had a traffic ticket, been arrested, or spent any time in jail. Last week, I did something really stupid... I thought that I was helping someone out and I drove down about 1/2 mile to do what needed to be done. An officer was there and after a field sobriety test, it was determined that I was intoxicated (also a breathalyzer shortly after).

Before anyone fusses, I totally agree that I made a horrible mistake and luckily no one was hurt. After a night in jail and the huge fees that I am paying, I can assure myself that this will not occur again.

Ok, now on to the legal question. - DUI (first offense in the state of WV)

So far, my license are still valid because they haven't finished the paperwork and certified letter to me yet. However, they will shortly be completely revoked. I live in WV and literally have no family or friends to help me with transportation. I can walk to and from work... that is no problem. BUT, I want to go to as many AA meetings as I can and some of them are far away, plus I have to take classes due to the DUI through the DMV.

Is there anyway (everyone up here has told me no) that I could get a restricted license that stated (or I carry a paper that specifically said)
that I could travel from point A to B and back within a given time range, go to AA meeting X at a specific time and date... etc.... and other than what was listed.... stay OFF of the road completely. I have heard of cases in North Carolina where people had restricted licenses where they could go to work/doctors appts, etc. But that was a while back.

Anyone with knowledge on this, or know of someone that I can ask that would know, I would greatly appreciate your help... I NEED to go to the AA meetings... and I HAVE to go to these classes 40 miles away.

Thanks
K.

When you get to court, you should ask the judge these questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back