Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI DUI requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConfusedDUII

In July of 2011, I was convicted of a DUI (Yamhill county). I had one 9+ years prior and successfully completed the diversion program. The one in 2011 landed me in jail overnight, 80 hours of community service, couple grand in fines and loss of licence for 1 year.
1 year from the conviction date, I contacted the courts and asked if I had paperwork that gave me instructions on where to go for diversion. They said they were done with me and that I had to complete a program on my own. This is where the confusion comes from.
I contacted several local programs and was turned away because they had to have orders from the court in order for me to enroll. I ended up contacting someone at another center, located in Portland, and they told me that since I have no warrants and was paid up, I should have no problem joining a program. Unfortunately, the Portland office is out of my reach and I have to deal with it locally(Oregon City).
Has anyone run into this problem before?

In July of 2011, I was convicted of a DUI (Yamhill county). I had one 9+ years prior and successfully completed the diversion program. The one in 2011 landed me in jail overnight, 80 hours of community service, couple grand in fines and loss of licence for 1 year.
1 year from the conviction date, I contacted the courts and asked if I had paperwork that gave me instructions on where to go for diversion. They said they were done with me and that I had to complete a program on my own. This is where the confusion comes from.
I contacted several local programs and was turned away because they had to have orders from the court in order for me to enroll. I ended up contacting someone at another center, located in Portland, and they told me that since I have no warrants and was paid up, I should have no problem joining a program. Unfortunately, the Portland office is out of my reach and I have to deal with it locally(Oregon City).
Has anyone run into this problem before?

No sir, I never had that problem.
As the ads admonish, "don't drink and drive".

Me neither.....................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back