Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI dui probation violation

Status
Not open for further replies.

jennay31

i got a DUI almost 4 years ago and was to goto assessment to determine if i needed treatment. i did and told the woman i stopped drinking like year and half before she told me to have 3 people put it in writing that i did stop drinking i did. she then said i didn't need further treatment. she didn't sent he paperwork to my p.o. in time. he violated me sent me to court. i got the papers from this woman the day of court, gave them to my public defender and when she opened it this woman had written that i needed 3 AA meetings a week, and counseling with her(not what she had told me. so my public defender asked why i hadn't done this, tried to explain to her that she told me i didn't need to. then repeatably called me a liar and said judge was going to send me to jail for 6 months so i left the building before seeing the judge. i want to know i can take care of this without going to jail since i did what i was supposed to do. this woman had put me in a bad spot since i know probation violations are hard to get out of.......any advice who help me allot.

Probation revoked and sentence imposed

Jail or imprisonment (depends on original conviction)

Significant fines

Probation reinstatement with additional terms including Jail/Prison

Longer term

Additional fines

Community service

Rehabilitation program

Other

Likelihood of any of the above consequences depends on the following factors:

Prior similar convictions

Any other prior convictions

Currently on probation or parole

Attitude of community and court toward this type of crime

Degree of media attention on case

Mitigating/aggravating circumstance

Other

Defenses for Probation Violation may potentially include:

Insufficient evidence

Factual innocence

Probation terms complied with

What Can You Do to Help Your Case.

Gather documentation of your good character (reference letters, employment history, community service, etc.)

Exercise your right to remain silent

Retain qualified counsel as soon as possible

Keep a diary of all significant events and potential witnesses (this information will help your attorney prepare the best possible defense)

DON'T investigate your own case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back