1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

DUI dismissal affecting SR22 requirement Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI

Discussion in 'Criminal Charges' started by taylormhanson, Jun 22, 2018.

1. taylormhanson

taylormhanson Law Topic Starter New Member

Jurisdiction:
    California
    Hi, I read another thread regarding this issue and the question was just the same as mine; is it possible to not have to complete the SR22 if a DUI case is dismissed after a year?
    The other thread explained it should not be possible as the DMV is separate from the court system and if no APS was attempted within the 10 days after receiving Notice of Suspension pink paper, then the DMV has their own record of the defendant and as such requires things like SR22 and a reinstatement fee for a restricted license.
    The thing that confuses me, is that the person who posted the question replied after the year was up and their case dismissed, saying that they didn’t need to provide the SR22 and everything was fine.
    I’m curious as to how this person was able to avoid the DMV’s requirements.
    - Thanks!

2. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

Never believe anything you read posted on the Internet by an anonymous dude, including this warning posted by another anonymous dude.

Be smart, complete the program as instructed, or hire yourself a trusted lawyer.

3. mightymoose

mightymoose Moderator

Speak with the DA office. I believe there is a firf they can submit notifying the DMV that the charge was dismissed. That should get you going.

4. taylormhanson

Thank you for the information! But what exactly is a firf?

5. mightymoose

mightymoose Moderator

Doh! I've been having spellchecker issues lately.
    Firf=form

6. taylormhanson

Ah okay I see! Thank you! So I should just ask the DA after the case has been dismissed about sending this form to the DMV?