Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI DUI and MIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyymikep

In November 2007 my 20 year old son had an accident and was .17 per the blood test at the hospital (1.5 on the breath analyzer). We are currently scheduled to go to court on January 31, 2008 here in Bakersfield and he has since informed me that he also received an MIP in San Diego in October, 2007. The court date for the MIP has been moved from 12/26/07 to this Thursday January 17, 2008. (We received a "notice of correction" which moved the court date and changed it to "cited as infraction". The original citation says 25662(a) BIP? - MIP and misdemeanor was checked).
I have a couple of questions - First, will the DUI incident and the MIP be combined in any way where the DUI could be considered as a "second offense"? And second, I just read in another blog in this forum from "dmtan" that if you are within six months of your 21st birthday you "get off free" for an MIP? Is this correct? My son turned 21 on January 10, 2008.
One last item is that my son said he was one of about 10 people that received an MIP when they were sitting on someone's front porch and two officers came into the yard and gave them all MIP's. My son said he didn't even have a beer at the time. (There were open containers on the porch and a couple of people there were over 21.)
Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back