Due Process on Traffic Tickets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proballer6

I was pulled over in New Jersey about 5 months ago and I recieved 3 tickets. I have a few questions about them.

The hearing has been delayed 4 times already. Is there a time period or amount of delays until I can have the case dismissed?

There is a mistake on one of the tickets. The date of the court date is listed as the date of the offense, but earlier, can I exploit that.

If none of these are applicable, what should be my method of defense?

Thank You,
Ryan Franco
Proballer6@optonline.com

Proballer6@opto said:
I was pulled over in New Jersey about 5 months ago and I recieved 3 tickets. I have a few questions about them.

The hearing has been delayed 4 times already. Is there a time period or amount of delays until I can have the case dismissed?

There is a mistake on one of the tickets. The date of the court date is listed as the date of the offense, but earlier, can I exploit that.

If none of these are applicable, what should be my method of defense?
In many areas in Jersey it helps to bring an attorney when you have a group of offenses. Why were the hearings delayed so many times? Typically there is a limit and then you need to apply in person for delays on the respondent's side. That's strange. Regarding the court date, there is no out -- it only delays the inevitable and then you'll have to appear again. Best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back