Drunk driver totaled my car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

8leggedgoat

While going straight through a green light, a car coming the opposite direction turned left. He did not have the right away and crashed into my car.

My car was totaled. Thankfully, myself nor the passenger had any substantial injuries after going to the hospital.

The police were called and he was arrested for being over the limit. This was his second offense. The intersection had cameras and witnesses stopped and took statements.

I contacted my insurance company, What else should I do now?

Yes. It was on the weekend though, they have yet to contact me back. Will his insurance cover anything because he was under the influence?

If the other driver had insurance coverage then that company should make you whole. If you run into any difficulties with that company you should be able to get coverage through your own company, and then the two insurance companies can duke it out. You would have to pay your deductible if you go through your own company.

The other driver's intoxication does not factor in to making you whole... though it may factor in to how they settle damages with the other driver.

As said, just wait and see. That is about all you can do at this point.

You can ask the driver to pay for the damages and even file a case at the police department. As far as I know, Driving when drunk is prohibited.

While going straight through a green light, a car coming the opposite direction turned left. He did not have the right away and crashed into my car.

My car was totaled. Thankfully, myself nor the passenger had any substantial injuries after going to the hospital.

The police were called and he was arrested for being over the limit. This was his second offense. The intersection had cameras and witnesses stopped and took statements.

I contacted my insurance company, What else should I do now?

If you have insurance then you are going for a good result please first you must contact to insurance company and otherwise i can't more suggest to you about this issue.
sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back