Drug screening for child visitation.

D.sal

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
Hello,

My ex has been arrested and there are charges of heroin. I'm curious how I would go about having him take random drug tests to continue visitation when he gets out.

Thanks.

My ex has been arrested and there are charges of heroin. I'm curious how I would go about having him take random drug tests to continue visitation when he gets out.

There's no way YOU can make him do anything.

You can, however, visit an attorney and discuss your concerns.

Be forewarned, drug addictions are treated as diseases.

That means, if he had AIDS, for example, courts would be reluctant to prohibit him from seeing his child because of the disease.

However, if his behavior is detrimental to the child's well being, supervised visits might be an option.

Again, how that is done, or even if it can be done; will only be determined by retaining an attorney in your county.

All that can be done via the internet is a discussion regarding your issue.

I do understand it's a disease, but I'd say using heroin is defenitely detrimental. I don't understand why it wouldn't be.

Alas, my next step is to talk to an attorney in person then, correct?

I do understand it's a disease, but I'd say using heroin is defenitely detrimental. I don't understand why it wouldn't be.

Whoa, mate, I never said what I thought drug abusers and alcohol abusers had a disease.

I said THEY (the all powerful and wise THEY) consider it a disease. LOL

Yes, I suggest you discuss this with a lawyer or two, until you find one you trust.

Now, you could talk to child services, but if you do, they tend to get all up in your business.

Your choice, your call.

He said they treat it as a disease - not that it is a disease.

I doubt you'll get a judge to order UAs for visitation unless your ex has harmed your child while using drugs.

Back