drug screen tested positive for prescription medication

Status
Not open for further replies.

svw74

Currently I am working as a temporary employee through a travel company. my assignment does not expire for another ten days. I agreed to hire on permanently. As required I submitted a urine specimen for illegal drug screen. The preliminary test result was positive in one catagory. I take a prescription medication for a chronic condition. At the time of the test I was not asked if I was taking any medication, I did not sign any forms prior to the testing listing any current medications. I offered to provide the employee nurse with a prescription but was refused at that time I was informed that the urine would have to be sent out for more specific testing. and that I would not be permited to work until the results were returned and I was contacted by a medical release officer, and that process could take up to ten days possibly more. Legally can I be suspended from work without pay? There is a significant fine for every day that I don't work for the Temporary Company. I have called employee health and the clinic providing the test results daily and have not gotten any response. Do I have any legal options to compensate for time off with out pay?

Legally can I be suspended from work without pay?

Yes

Do I have any legal options to compensate for time off with out pay?

No.

The situation may not have been handled in the best way but nothing you have described is illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back