Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse Drug charges

Jaime Troy

Jurisdiction
Oklahoma
10/2/15 I got charged with CDS, Paraphernalia & public intoxication
02/21/16 I got charged with CDS, Paraphernalia, DUI, Child Endangerment & Contributing to the Delinquency of a Minor
I was wanting to see if it's possible to get charges dropped or somehow get lightest punishment as possible or hopefully not go on my record. I just lost my job 4/6/16 due to these charges. I just need to know what my chances are. I've never gotten in trouble before. They have taken my daughter away and I'm not allowed to see her and I've raised her by myself and I never gotten any help from her dad but she is living with her dad and his wife. Me and my daughter are very close we have always had each other and it's hurting us both not to see each other or spend any time together. Me and her dad were married I left him due to physical and emotional abuse we had 2 kids together during marriage our son is 20 by our daughter is 16 but I left their dad when when Anissa was 8 months like I said I did get child support but he was never there through anything or emergencies. My kids are really good kids I done a good job considering I was a single parent but they are loving and very respectful I've gotten numerous compliments on how good and respectful they are and that I'm a good mother that should never keep me away from my daughter. I've been sick for over 3 years and always worked a full time job. I've made a lot of sacrifices for the kids and I would never change anything about them they are awesome kids God blessed me with them. The only thing I would change is the drugs I did only because I'm sick and I'm never excusing myself. Everything that I've put into the kids should have never ripped away from me. Please get back to me and let me know what's ahead of me. I'm due back to court 4/14/16.
Thank you,
Jaime Troy

All you can do is appear in court when and where directed.
Stay out of additional trouble.
Start attending AA or NA meetings everyday.
That shows the court you wish to change.
Ask your lawyer if its possible to get into a rehabilitation program, a good inpatient program.

If you work very hard on rebuilding yourself, the court at sentencing will often order you to go into inpatient treatment.
If you complete the rehab, you stand a great chance to receive probation.

However, don't put the cart before the horse.
You are innocent until proven guilty, or you plead guilty.
This will be a long process.
You must be patient and use the time to rehabilitate yourself.
So, relax and stay on the straight and narrow.

No one ripped anything from you.
You chose to do those very dangerous things, which placed your beloved child in danger.
Unless you accept that reality, this will continue to get worse.
Use these horrific events over the last few weeks as the impetus to change your life.
You can do it, but you must do some very hard work.
If your children are your world, you'd walk through fire to save them.
This is your chance to make things right.
Get cracking on rehabilitating yourself.

Good luck.

Back