Driving w Suspended License in Georgia

Status
Not open for further replies.

navychaps21

I was arrested in Chamblee, GA for driving on a suspended license. My license had been suspended the day before and I had no knowledge of it. ( The Georgia DDS sent letter of notification less than 24 hours before my arrest so there was no way I could have known) I received a speeding ticket 6 months before and payed the $250 fine but never received notification in the mail from the state that it was something called "super speeders" and required an addition $200. So they suspended my license after I did not pay that fine. It turns out GA DDS was mailing to an old address and the mail was not forwarded to me. I was arrested in Chamblee, posted bail and payed the fine for super speeders the next day and my license was immediately re-instated. I have to go to court in Chamblee for driving with a suspended license. This is a first offense of any kind for me , what should I expect in court? Some websites say mandatory 2 days in jail and fine of at least $500.
Any suggestions? And do I really need a lawyer?

You'll get no jail time. Take all of your proof and explain everything to the judge.

You should also take cash, about $500, maybe $1,000.

Tell your story, be polite, accept responsibility, apologize for speeding, ask for mercy and another chance. You'll get it!

This is not a bad deal. If youve paid all your fines before and the day of court, the magistrate will likely give you a break. Then you can move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back