driving violation

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlasley

Help, facing 365 days in jail for driving while barred, an aggravated misdemeanor in violation of Section 321.560 and 321.561 of the Code of IA. There has been sufficient evidence to warrant a conviction by a Jury Trial. I am a stay at home mother w/ 2 kids. What are the odds of a conviction? Is there anything I can do to prevent a Jail conviction? Willing to do whatever it takes to not be seperated from my children. Court date is Sept. 17th, 2003. Please send advice, ASAP.

Thank You!

Not sure what anyone can do for you at this point except get a good lawyer who is familiar with the court in your area. If there is sufficient evidence to warrant a conviction you might be better off with a plea. It's a gamble either way but you probably want a professional opinion based upon ALL the facts, not just the summary we see here.

Originally posted by dlasley
Help, facing 365 days in jail for driving while barred, an aggravated misdemeanor in violation of Section 321.560 and 321.561 of the Code of IA. There has been sufficient evidence to warrant a conviction by a Jury Trial. I am a stay at home mother w/ 2 kids. What are the odds of a conviction? Is there anything I can do to prevent a Jail conviction? Willing to do whatever it takes to not be seperated from my children.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back