Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI driving on dui suspended license

Status
Not open for further replies.

sha051184

I was written a citation for driving on a DUI suspended license, first offense. I have recently gotten my hardship license and completed my ADE classes. My DUI was my first offense and it had 26 days cd time on it. I did four days in jail and my license is suspended for 120 days. I spoke to a lawyer that said it was possible that I would not have to do jail time. Is that true? I work two jobs and have two young children. What would be your advice on what I should do and would any of what I have done help my case, meaning the hardship and completed classes?

I was written a citation for driving on a DUI suspended license, first offense. I have recently gotten my hardship license and completed my ADE classes. My DUI was my first offense and it had 26 days cd time on it. I did four days in jail and my license is suspended for 120 days. I spoke to a lawyer that said it was possible that I would not have to do jail time. Is that true? I work two jobs and have two young children. What would be your advice on what I should do and would any of what I have done help my case, meaning the hardship and completed classes?

Classes and counseling do show the court you're trying.

You should also enroll yourself in an AA program and start attending meetings regularly.

That also shows the court you're trying to defeat your demons and make positive changes in your life.

None of those things are guarantees, but they don't hurt.

However, you KNOW what hurts, so get busy trying to mend broken fences.

I would also continue to engage the services of a lawyer you TRUST, hopefully its the one you have.

You've got lots of work to do, get busy and work hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back