Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI Driving and Drugs

Nancy

Jurisdiction
Kentucky

• 1468063176427894973659.jpg
  • I had taken my night time medication when my boyfriend and I had gotten into an argument so I left. I went to my friends house to spend the night. When I had gotten there I talked to her in the car for a while. She had taken the car keys and my pajamas and had put them on the front porch. About 5 to 10 minutes later I saw blue lights in my mirror. The police officer told me to get out of the car. I did and he had asked some questions about how long I had been there. So he told me someone called 911 to complain saying I was driving erratically. Now the keys were not in the ignition so I thought he couldn't do anything. He gave me a field test sobriety test. He said I failed which by that time my medication had kicked in. So then thinking he was so in the wrong I refused to take a blood test. So how much in trouble am I in?

Now the keys were not in the ignition so I thought he couldn't do anything.

Wrong.

He gave me a field test sobriety test. He said I failed which by that time my medication had kicked in. So then thinking he was so in the wrong I refused to take a blood test. So how much in trouble am I in?

Lots.

Don't you remember "implied consent" from the driver license handbook that you had to study to get your license?

Read about it here:

Implied Consent Law in Kentucky | DUI DWI Legal Help

Applies to drugs, too.

Now, hire yourself an attorney. You're going to need one if you want to minimize the consequences.

Back