Driver's License

Tina morris

My husband has a truck driver license,the new law states he has to show proof of who he is.He has gone by Leon all his 58 years,we got a birth certificate and it does not match.he has had a social security card and drivers license sense he was 16.his mother put false information of parents and his last name on birth certificate.how can they give a social security card and drivers license number with out the documents to begin with.if he has to change name there is a possibility that he has to start all over with license, driving courses ,trip test ect,everything in his life will have to be changed,cars,trucks,banks,tax,homes .isn't there a way around this,he's our sole provider, we can't afford all the costs.

Lies create trouble for people.
I suggest he consult a lawyer.
These days governments don't play around when identity can't be proven.

I don't see why he would have to do everything again. Who told you that?

The more immediate problem is getting the documentation corrected. Has that happened yet?

I don't see why he would have to do everything again. Who told you that?

The more immediate problem is getting the documentation corrected. Has that happened yet?

This might be one of those cases where someone obtained identity documents and got away with using them in the 80s, 90s, etc, today those cases are being discovered.

It is estimated that anywhere from 10-20,000,000 cases of identity theft have allowed people to enter the country illegally, steal identities, set up shop, but today those cases are slowly be discovered.

The old scam used to be find a dead baby about your age, get the birth certificate, and you could get social security cards, drivers license, even a passport.

That fraud was massive, and our federal government winked at it.

With the advent of terrorism, that is slowly being unearthed and wrong doers punished.

I tried a case with a criminal defendant who did just that around Thanksgiving.

That guy had four such identities.

He sold two, kept two.

He got popped for fraud, and convicted.

He had multiple charges, sentenced him to six consecutive 5 year terms in TDCJ.

His family also had such IDS, and Homeland Security is working those cases.

This is a big problem, and has been ignored for too long.

Not saying that is the case here, but my guy's case is similar.

His fraud started to unravel because of an inability to have his CDL renewed.

the new law states he has to show proof of who he is.

What new law? What sort of "proof"? Show it to whom?

how can they give a social security card and drivers license number with out the documents to begin with.

Seems like a rather pointless question, don't you think -- especially since it seems to concern things that happened over 40 years ago?

That seems to be the only question you asked, and I cannot infer any other questions based on your vague description of what happened. Is that really the only thing you intended to ask?

Wow... I thought all that old stuff was too far gone to do anything about. Interesting that it is coming back after so long.

The new CDL don't impact the honest people.
They seem to be making the dishonest disappear, or crate new ways to scam and sham.

A DA investigator told me drivers license changes are thwarting a lot of these bad guys, especially with getting a CDL.

Since his mother had the legal right to name him, she could put any name she chose on the birth certificate. If she chose his formal name to be John but opted to call him Leon, she could do so.

States have been cracking down in recent years on driver's licenses and the names on them. Many states were pretty liberal with allowing folks to use all manner of documentation to "prove" identity, and choose what name appeared. Standardization of databases and the sharing of that information among various states and agencies is changing that, probably more so than concern that Billy Bob/ William Robert is a secret terrorist. States are looking to prevent Billy Bob from losing his license for drunk driving in one state and crossing the border to the next and obtaining one.

In any case, it should be a reasonably simple matter, though maybe a pain in the neck, to correct his name. I can't imagine why you think this would require he retake tests or be out of work for an extended period, unless he is one of those using a different name to hide an unsavory past. People, most often women when they marry or divorce, change their names every day. They don't have to go back and retake classes under the "new" name, or do much more than fill out a bunch of forms and show proof of the name change.

Back