Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication drinking under 18

thehouse

Jurisdiction
Minnesota
Hey, so i was recently given a citation for minor consumption at a party. the problem here is that i am 17. I live with my brother who is 19. my dad is in a different state and i do not talk to him that often so i was unable to provide information about him to the police officer. My mom is out of the country, but i gave her number in the country. I was wondering, if they had to notify my parents? i did give my dad's name and they state he lives in, so they might find him? also do i have to go to court because am younger than 18? and since am a minor, does the mail go to my dad or to my state ID address?(am in college btw)

thank you.
also,there is no need to reprimand me, i know what i did is bad and serious. i wasn't thinking(which is bad).

You are not of majority.

You are a minor child.

If one of your parental units, or a legal guardian doesn't appear in court with you, GENERALLY, child services gets involved.

That, however, is up to the court in Minnesota.

I suggest you endeavor to convince one of your parental units to attend court with you.

As a judge, when a juvenile appeared before me (a 17 year old juvenile), I would order the child to the custody of juvenile authorities until a parent appeared to explain.

If one (or both) failed to appear within 30 days, child services became the child's guardian and daid child became a ward of the court.

That usually meant foster care until the child's 18th birthday.

What the MN court chooses to do, I suspect you'll find out sooner or later.

Back